Although ASEM-51 is no brand-new product, it is
probably not yet quite perfect! Whenever you experience problems
with it, please do not hesitate to send a brief bug report to the
Please send bug reports as plain text mails, written in English or German.
A bug report should always contain the following
- the user's full name and e-mail address
- the ASEM-51 version number
- the host platform (DOS, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD)
- a brief error description
- a simplified 8051 demo program that shows the bug
If the program that causes the error, cannot be simplified to a short
demo example, or in special cases, it may also be necessary to include
one or more of the following files (if applicable):
- original 8051 assembly source file
- all include files
- list file
- Intel-HEX file and/or OMF-51 module
- binary file (in case of HEXBIN errors)
- capture file of console output (in case of runtime errors)
- a detailed step-by-step description of how to reproduce the bug
- your ASEM-51 distribution archive (in case it may be corrupted)
- other associated files or information (if any)
In a particular situation, the user must decide himself, which information
may be necessary (or helpful) to find and fix a bug.
Whenever in doubt, attach more information than may be required!
Note: A bug that cannot be reproduced, cannot be fixed!
If you are new to the MCS-51 family or to ASEM-51,
and you are not sure whether something striking is a bug or not,
please report it regardless!
If it is a bug, it will be fixed in the next release.
If it is not, you'll always get an explanation from the
In most cases, the author and half a dozen beta testers cannot find all
remaining bugs of a new release.
Therefore, user feedback is a big chance for "living" free software.
As time goes by, it may become more reliable than commercial products.
Please support the freeware idea, and help to improve this program!
Copyright © 1994, 1996, 2002 by
Last revised: December 14, 2010